Gucci Mane, born Radric Delantic Davis, is a rapper with a net worth of approximately $12 million US dollar. In 2010, Forbes listed Mane as #20 on their list of Hip-Hop’s Top 20 Earners. He ended up sharing his entry with Lil’ Jon and Rick Ross. His earnings for the year made Gucci Mane net worth an estimation of 5 million dollars.
He was born in Birmingham, Alabama. His single mother was the one who raised him in Atlanta, Georgia, where he currently resides. Gucci Mane began his rap career in 1994, at the age of 14. In 2005, he independently released his debut album, “Trap House.” The American rapper had ten other singers featured in his very first production, namely Young Jeezy, Young Snead, Boo, Torica, Khujo, Bun B, Mac Bree-Z, Lil Scrappy, Jody Breeze and Killer Mike.
Mane’s first big single, “Freaky Gurl,” landed in the #12 spot on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart and #62 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2006. In 2007, Mane started his own record label, 1017 Brick Squad Records, and eventually signed fellow rappers Waka Flocka Flame and Chief Keef to the label.
In 2009, Mane’s first taste of major label success came with the release of “The State vs. Radric Davis” on Warner Bros. Records. In 2013, Mane made his acting debut in the film “Spring Breakers,” playing a gangster named Big Arch.
Mane’s history is riddled with multiple arrests on drug and assault charges. In 2005, Mane was found guilty in the murder of another rapper. However, he was later acquitted. His last lawsuit took place in 2014 and tackled firearm possession. Eventually, judges sentenced him to prison as he pleaded guilty. He was released from United States Penitentiary in Terre Haute on May 26, 2016. The judge that conducted this lawsuit, Steve Jones, told Gucci Mane some fatherly words of advice.
“You have a full life ahead of you… [but if you continue to break the law] you’re going to wake up one morning broke. You’re going to wake up one morning back to prison. I don’t mean any disrespect, but according to young people, my nieces and nephews, you are quite cool.”
Gucci Mane will go down in history as one of the pioneers of trap music. This is a hip-hop subgenre that emerged in the mainstream media in the 2000s. Gucci Mane was among the artists who greatly helped this type of music to reach masses of people. Gucci Mane net worth reflects the influence he grew in his musical industry.
Gucci Mane Net Worth
So how much is Gucci Mane net worth? According to federal reports, the estimated Gucci Mane net worth is at over $12 million even though the rapper went through some hard times. His spending habits are erratic and he has numerous legal issues regarding child support, tax evasion, and alleged theft by former associates.
In November of 2013, Mane filed a lawsuit against his former manager Debra Antney and her son, former Brick Squad artist Waka Flocka Flame, along with several other parties affiliated with the label. The suit accuses them of fraud, racketeering, and breach of contract. Mane also accused Antney of withholding royalties, manipulating the costs of label expenditures, and theft of some of his personal assets, including several expensive pieces of jewelry.
Gucci Mane’s Spending Habits
- Mane’s first big purchase when he began to attain some success was a yellow 2004 Chevrolet Corvette, valued at $60,000. Since then, Mane continued to boost his collection of six cars including a Ferrari 458 Italia and heavily customized Dodge Challenger, worth $150,000.
- Mane had all of his teeth encased in solid gold fronts, which he later had removed, only to get them redone in the same style a few years later. Mane’s love of gold extends to his living room. This place supposedly includes a solid gold sofa, loveseat set, and a gold sheath that preserves an antique samurai sword.
- Mane proudly flaunts his diamond necklace which, according to him, is valued at approximately $250,000.
- Gucci Mane split the bill for slain rapper Slim Dunkin’s funeral with Waka Flocka Flame. The cost of the funeral was not disclosed. However, this event included large floral arrangements, a dove release ceremony, and a carriage with horses for the procession.
- In 2016, Gucci Mane purchased a luxurious mansion valued at $9,000,000. This asset underlines the rapper’s expensive lifestyle.
Gucci Mane’s Earnings Statistics
- Mane’s highest selling album to date, “The State vs. Radric Davis,” has sold over 424,000 copies. The album reached #1 on the Billboard Top Rap Albums Chart and #10 on the Billboard 200.
- In 2011, a child support case revealed that Mane’s combined monthly earnings from touring and album sales were roughly $28,000. This estimation put his annual gross income at about $300,000.
Image source: 1