Gucci Mane, born Radric Davis, is a rapper with a net worth of approximately $100,000. In 2010, Forbes listed Mane as #20 on their list of Hip-Hop’s Top 20 Earners, tied with Lil’ Jon and Rick Ross, listing his earnings for the year at an estimated $5M.
He was born in Birmingham, Alabama and was raised by his single mother in Atlanta, Georgia, where he currently resides. Gucci Mane began his rap career in 1994, at the age of 14, and independently released his debut album, “Trap House”, in 2005.
Mane’s first big single ,“Freaky Gurl”, landed in the #12 spot on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart and #62 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2006. In 2007, Mane started his own record label, 1017 Brick Squad Records, and eventually signed fellow rappers Waka Flocka Flame and Chief Keef to the label.
In 2009, Mane’s first taste of major label success came with the release of “The State vs. Radric Davis” on Warner Bros. Records. In 2013, Mane made his acting debut in the film Spring Breakers, playing a gangster named Big Arch.
Mane’s history is riddled with multiple arrests on drug and assault charges. In 2005, Mane was charged with the murder of another rapper but was later acquitted.
Gucci Mane Net Worth
So how much is Gucci Mane worth?Though some sources have previously estimated Gucci Mane’s net worth at over $15M, the rapper has fallen on hard times due his erratic spending habits and legal issues pertaining to child support, tax evasion and alleged theft by former associates.
In November of 2013, Mane filed a lawsuit against his former manager Debra Antney and her son, former Brick Squad artist Waka Flocka Flame, along with several other parties affiliated with the label. The suit accuses them of fraud, racketeering and breach of contract. Mane also accused Antney of withholding royalties, manipulating the costs of label expenditures and theft of some of his personal assets, including several expensive pieces of jewelry.
Gucci Mane’s Spending Habits
- Mane’s first big purchase when he began to attain some success was a yellow 2004 Chevrolet Corvette, valued at $60,000. Since then, Mane has built a collection of cars including a Ferrari 458 Italia and heavily customized Dodge Challenger, worth $150,000.
- Mane had all of his teeth encased in solid gold fronts, which he later had removed, only to get them redone a few years later. Mane’s love of gold extends to his living room, which supposedly includes a solid gold sofa and loveseat set and a gold sheath for an antique samurai sword.
- Mane proudly flaunts his diamond necklace, which according to him is valued at approximately $250,000.
- Gucci Mane split the bill for slain rapper Slim Dunkin’s funeral with Waka Flocka Flame. The cost of the funeral was not disclosed but it included massive floral arrangements, a dove release ceremony and a horse-drawn carriage for the procession.
Gucci Mane’s Earnings Statistics
- Mane’s highest selling album to date, “The State vs. Radric Davis”, has sold over 424,000 copies. The album reached #1 on the Billboard Top Rap Albums Chart and #10 on the Billboard 200.
- In 2011, a child support case revealed that Mane’s combined monthly earnings from touring and album sales were roughly $28,000, putting his annual estimated gross income at about $300,000.