Steve Harvey, born Broderick Steven Harvey, is a comedian, TV/radio personality and author, originally from West Virginia, with an estimated net worth of $100 Million.
Steve Harvey attended Kent State University, but dropped out after two years. He has been married three times and has four children. Steve Harvey is a devout Christian and an outspoken supporter of President Barack Obama.
How Much Is Steve Harvey Worth?
Though his celebrity status came mostly through his work as a comedian, the majority Steve Harvey’s $100M net worth has been the result of his multitude of other accomplishments as an entertainer. Harvey began performing stand-up comedy at the age of 27 and later went on to host the television variety show “Showtime at The Apollo” for seven years.
In the mid-90’s, Steve Harvey starred in the WB Network sitcom “The Steve Harvey Show”, which lasted six seasons. During the sitcom’s run, Harvey and co-star Cedric the Entertainer embarked on The Kings of Comedy tour, along with fellow comedians D.L Hughley and Bernie Mack. A concert film, directed by Spike Lee and titled “The Original Kings of Comedy”, reached the #2 spot on the U.S. Box Office Charts in its opening weekend, just behind the Jennifer Lopez sci-fi thriller, “The Cell”.
In addition to a lengthy career in stand-up comedy, Steve Harvey has hosted “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” since 2000. The show is syndicated on 48 urban radio stations around the United States and is distributed by Premiere Radio Networks.
Harvey has written two books, “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” and “Straight Talk, No Chaser: How to Find and Keep a Man” which both hit #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List. “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” was the basis for the 2012 romantic comedy “Think Like a Man”, starring Kevin Hart and Gabrielle Union. Made on a budget of roughly $12M, the film grossed over $99M worldwide and knocked “The Hunger Games” out to the #1 spot at the U.S. Box Office and held the ranking for two weeks.
In 2010, Harvey took over as host of the game show “The Family Feud”, replacing actor John O’Hurley. In 2012, Steve Harvey began hosting his self-titled syndicated daytime television talk show, which is taped in Chicago and distributed by NBCUniversal. Of the five daytime talk shows that premiered that season, Steve Harvey and The Trisha Goddard Show are the only two still in production. As many young artists do, Harvey struggled financially during his early years in comedy, with a net worth well below the average for his age, until he rose to prominence. On the 2013 birthday edition of his television talk show, Harvey had an emotional surprise reunion via satellite with a couple that supported him financially during the early days of his comedy career.
Steve Harvey’s Spending Habits
- Steve Harvey is currently lives in a 6,400 square foot penthouse on the top floor of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago, which he rents for $22K per month.
- In 2003, Harvey purchased an 11,700 square foot mansion on 3.25 acres in Plano, TX. The purchase price is not listed, but public records show that a property tax assessment valued the home at over $4.2M a year after purchase. In 2009, Harvey sold the home for $3.5M. Harvey also owns a five-story mansion in Atlanta.
- His vehicle of choice is a silver Maybach 57, valued at $376,000.
- Steve Harvey is a true cigar aficionado, as every home he has owned since becoming successful has had a walk-in humidor.
Steve Harvey’s Main Sources of Income
- “The Original Kings of Comedy” grossed over $38M at the box office during its U.S. theatrical run.
- “Think Like a Man” reached a worldwide box office gross of over $99M. Harvey is credited as a writer and executive producer on the film.
- “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” is ranked at #260 for books overall on Amazon.com, four years after its original release. The follow up book “Straight Talk, No Chaser” is currently ranked #1,610.
- Unconfirmed sources report Steve Harvey’s Family Feud salary at $20,000 per episode.
- Steve Harvey’s daytime television talk show’s average daily viewership is 2.2 million people. NBCUniversal has renewed the show through 2016.
- “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” is nationally syndicated and rated #1 in over 25 major markets by Arbitron.
- The Steve Harvey Clothing Collection is available at several national mid-level department store chains, with suits retailing around $200.