Even if you don't like feet, it's hard to deny the appeal of a foot massage. Since the best foot massager might be at the end of your own arm, it's incredibly easy to get fast foot relief.
But who are we fooling? A great massage of any kind usually comes with the aid of someone (or something) else.
There is something very relaxing about freeing the tension on your feet. We use feet all the time, and they don't get enough love. Plus, foot massages feel fabulous.
Why Foot Massages Feel So Good
Feet are very complicated appendages to the human body. With a vast network of muscles, bones, joints, sweat glands and ligaments and tendons come 15,000 nerve endings.
Using feet as we do, it's no surprise why the best foot massager makes your troubles seem fleeting.
A growing body of medical research is going in the direction of the ancient practice of reflexology, too. Reflexology suggests that reflex points on your feet correspond to different areas of your body.
Still, armed with all this knowledge, feet don't get enough coddling. When you do indulge your feet with a little love, you reap benefits.
A system boost and reset
Sitting around as we do these days might not be helping your foot muscles any more than the shoes you wear. When you choose fashion over function, your feet suffer.
The best foot massager draws attention to your feet and gets the blood flowing, so it carries oxygen to the body. According to Korean research available at the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health, it also lowers systolic blood pressure significantly.
Relax, unwind, and reduce
Soothing your aching feet at the end of a busy day improves feelings of general well-being. Symptoms of depression subside, especially when hitting sweet spots on the big toe and the ball of your foot.
Fluid retention getting rubbed away by the best foot massagers, according to Renaissance College for Massage, sends excess water returning toward the kidneys to then get flushed out of the body.
Zzzzzzz if you please
Being more relaxed will generally help you get a rest. The added benefits of improved circulation and decreased anxiety promote better sleep, too.
An acupressure point called the "bubbling spring" sits just above the middle of your foot when your toes are curled. Massaging the area grounds your energy and induces sleep.
Return the burn
According to a Harvard Medical School publication, rubbing your feet can mitigate headaches, migraines, neck pain, and backaches. You don't need to feel the burn of the daily grind when you can return it to normal with a gentle foot massage.
Happiness is on the way
A study on the effect of self-foot reflexology massage found a statistically significant difference in depression symptoms associated with stress.
The results suggest self-foot reflexology to combat depression and stress and to strengthen the immune system.
Renaissance College also finds that the best foot massager helps increase your foot health. By massaging your feet, you keep your ankles flexible an strong.
Foot massage also offers to relieve foot tendonitis and aids heel spurs. Even people who suffer from neuropathy can find relief from that burning sensation.
Additionally, keeping an eye on your feet increases your awareness of potential health issues like bunions and corns.
Find the Best Foot Massager for You
When your hands get tired but you still want to self-foot massage, you can find a lot of devices to aid in your endeavor. Spending under $10 to over $500 offers you some of the best foot massagers on the market.
The best foot massagers can be manual, electric, water-filled, or have compression on board. There are a lot of different options depending on your budget and any potential medical issues you might also want to address while enjoying a relaxing foot massage.
Roller massagers are simple devices usually made out of wood. Placing your feet onto the rollers allows you to choose the amount of pressure and what areas of your foot needs the soothing touch the most.
Air compression massagers wrap around your foot and sometimes your legs. They apply pressure either uniformly or in waves to different parts of your feet or legs resulting in a circulation-boosting massage.
Electronic massagers can sometimes be used while wearing your shoes as they electronically deliver vibrations and sometimes heat to restore your feet.
Water massagers operate by sinking your feet into a bath of water while your tootsies get rewarded with jets or bubbles targeting different areas.
Shiatsu massagers are the best for reducing stress, as they offer a little bit of almost everything. They mimic manual pressure with kneading devices to hit target reflexology zones. Some models also come with heat and vibration, while a handful offer compression, as well.
Here's How We Know They're the Best
Taking opinions from across the Internet and pairing them with product reviews from actual customers, we gathered the best options for your best foot massager and compiled all of the information you need to make your purchase.
To better serve your needs, we're offering options of every type of machine. Furthermore, price points vary so that you can get the relaxation night in that you so richly deserve.
TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller
- MAXIMUM STIMULATION: The only thing better than getting a foot massage is getting them done at the same time! Our large...
- DURABLE & RELIABLE: Made of high-quality Theaceae wood, the sturdy construction and gripping pads underneath the base...
- ADJUSTABLE & PORTABLE: Perfect for feet of all sizes and weighing just 1.6lbs, our massager is portable enough to use...
This portable roller massager relieves plantar fasciitis, stress, and heel and arch pain through the principles of reflexology.
Priced at $15 to $20, it's called the next-best-thing to a real foot massage by one online reviewer. amazon customers rate it 4.7 out of 5 stars. Amazon reviews number 2,379 and 84 percent of those are 5-star reviews.
Called life-saving by one reviewer, others say it's wonderful, feels amazing, and that it's excellent for reducing swelling and aiding plantar fasciitis.
MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
- Most Powerful electric massager available to the public! 11 Speeds: 1,000-3,700 rpm
- Full sized oscillating Foot Pad with Arch-Bar and a pressure point targeting surface.
- Used by Doctors & Therapists to help stimulate circulation in the feet and legs.
Available online for $200 to $250, the MedMassager is an electronic device that can get used while wearing shoes or modified to massage your calves and Achilles tendons.
This best foot massager is the most powerful electric available to the public. It stimulates circulation and eases pain.
With 640 Amazon reviews, the MedMassager has an approval rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars with fans amazed at its ability to help temper neuropathy.
Shiatsu Foot & Leg Massager Machine - Tespo
- Massage the feet, relax the whole body - Tespo foot massager, equipped with rotation ball, rolling stick, heating and...
- Special Leg Air Compression: Tespo foot massager has 2+2 larger airbags to massage more area around your legs.
- Like a professional foot massage: the ergonomic design provides a comprehensive and comfortable massage. 3 kneading...
This ergonomic machine has it all! It's equipped with a rotation ball, rolling stick, heating, and air compression. Offering a deep kneading shiatsu foot massage, it aids with plantar fasciitis and improves blood flow. It also reduces exhaustion through reflexology and promotes better sleep.
Amazon customers approve with a 4.2 average star rating out of 5 from 30 reviews. It can all be yours for $130 to $150.
AREALER Kneading Shiatsu Therapy Feet Massage Machine
- 【ALL IN ONE MASSAGE】Combined with kneading, rolling, scraping, air compression and heating function, providing you...
- 【5 MODES FOR CHOOSE FROM】Having 5 different working modes and pressure settings that target acupressure points to...
- 【DETACHABLE BREATHABLE COVER】Easy to replace and clean cloth cover; Equipped with wireless remote control, easy to...
You can get this little machine for $135 to 175 and sports kneading, rolling, scraping, air compression, and heating functions. All of that promotes blood circulation, relieves stress, and reduces fatigue.
The AREALER has a remote control because nobody wants to bend over to assist in their own foot massage. The inner cover also detaches so you can share the massager without cross-contamination.
The reviews are in, and 157 Amazon customers rate this best foot massager 4.5 out of 5 stars.
RENPHO Electric Foot Massager Machine with Remote Control
- Massage the feet, relax the whole body - RENPHO foot massager, equipped with rotation ball, rolling stick, heating and...
- Like a professional foot massage - the ergonomic design provides a comprehensive and comfortable massage. 3 kneading...
- Simple, hygienic, healthy - The foot massager machine not only with its own touch panel which can be easily controlled...
Available for $135 to $150, the RENPHO foot massager offers space for a men's foot up to size 12. Similar to the AREALER, you get a handy remote and detachable cloth covers for cleanliness.
The RENPHO rates 4.4 out of 5 stars with 410 Amazon reviews, and the comments bear out the high rating. While most customers rave at how it boosts their energy and relieves pain, at least one thought it did nothing.
Do your research for what works best for you.
MaxKare Foot Spa Massager
- 【For Father's Gift】 This fabulous foot spa is 3 in 1. Includes heating function for a warm foot spa and relieves...
- 【Intelligent Temperature Control】 Set your favorable temperature (between 95℉and 118℉/35℃-48℃) when you...
- 【Massager & Removable Rollers 】 4 removable massaging rollers provide massage on your feet while and acu-nodes on...
If you find water soothing, this might be the best foot massager for you. The three in one machine bathes your feet while also providing warmth and soothing bubbles.
It also includes removable rollers to take advantage of specific reflexology points, and you can set the appropriate water temperature.
Available for $55 to 70, this model receives an average of 4.1 out of 5 stars from Amazon customers. Water doesn't make the best foot massager for everyone, though, so read reviews before purchasing.
uKnead Shiatsu Leg Massager
- Air compression and rubbing massage rollers work to relax the calves
- Shiatsu rollers under the feet mimic human reflexology massage
- Easy to select the right massage for your needs with auto modes, intensity choices, a manual program and heat
This cool machine is the best foot massager that also appreciates your legs. With shiatsu kneading and powerful foot rollers, the uKnead aims to put your professional therapist out of business.
Eighteen Amazon customers rate the uKnead an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Your feet get pampered while the massage plates sandwich the calves providing the same vigorous rubbing and kneading you'd get from a therapist.
One happy customer said it's comparable to a real massage. The best comment compared it to "an old elephant with a dry mouth just munching on and gumming away at your lower legs." Who knew that was a good thing?
You can get this American-made product for $200 to $225.
Foot Circulation Plus
- 【FDA CLEARED CLASS II MEDICAL DEVICE】--- The medical foot circulation massager use EMS and TENS high-tech, relax...
- 【TWO RELAXATION TREATMENT SYSTEMS】--- The foot circulation machine have two systems. One is for foot stimulator, the...
- 【CLINICALLY PROVEN SAFE AND EFFECTIVE】--- No noise! No vibrating! Not a vibrate,kneading or shiatsu foot massager....
This FDA cleared class II medical device uses both an EMS foot massager and a TENS machine to do its job. Reducing swollen feet and legs while relaxing stiff muscles and calming nerves is the job it does best.
EMS stands for electrical muscle stimulation which sends microcurrent impulses to your neuromuscular system.
Just like other best foot massagers on the market, this one eases nerve pain and cramps, increases circulation, relaxes stiff muscles. It also reduces swollen feet and body fatigue.
But while most machines think only of your legs and feet, this takes it a step further. By offering a TENS machine, you can address other problem areas of your body, too.
Averaging a 4.3 out of 5 stars among Amazon customers, the 61 reviews consider this a serious machine. It's medical quality, they say, and equate it to having a personal physician at home. You can find the Foot Circulation Plus for $180 to $210.
Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Heat
- UP TO 12 SIZE. HEALTHY FEET: Problems with getting enough sleep or cold feet are particularly started because of poor...
- REMOTE CONTROL: Only our best foot massager has a remote control to help you to set the power, heating, time, and mode...
- FULL PROTECTION: Kneading massager has full protection: timer protection feet massage machine has 15 min auto shut-off;...
It's impossible not to recommend this shiatsu foot massager when 171 Amazon customers rate it an average of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
This machine suggests that your poor sleep patterns and cold feet started because of poor circulation. Fitting up to a size 12 men's foot, the kneading massager offers a remote and an auto-shutoff feature.
With removable foot covers and claims of improving plantar fasciitis, it's available for $90 to $120.
While the customers may not have a lot to say, they are all pleased with the machine.
Step Into Pure Bliss with the Best Foot Massager
Now you know that a good foot massage affects both your mind and body. It can free your spirit and through gentle manipulation provide comfort for your muscular-skeletal system and many other aspects ailment via reflexology.
Self-foot massage is easier than ever not only by hand but with one of the tremendous machines available today. No matter your budget, you can find a way to pamper yourself after a hard day. With so many options available, you can do it every day instead of waiting for a special occasion.
Don't wait any longer to step into pure bliss with the best foot massager for a relaxing night in.
Latest posts by Carissa Pavlica (see all)
- The Best Foot Massager To Use For A Relaxing Night In - Jul 22, 2019