Last winter season, in 2013, nail polishes were all about the darks. Black was the king and of the nail polish colors and burgundy, its queen. This season is the season to be jolly and glittery! All the big brands have released their Christmas colors and shades and it’s pure madness. If you have trouble picking a brand, we are here to answer your question about the best nail polish brands. Here are our thoughts on this.
Best Nail Polish Brands
There are hundreds of nail polish brands out there, but our favorite and the best nail polish brands are the following ones:
- Opi – this company has around 200 different shades with extremely funky names. I’m not really a waitress is their most famous shade of red and one of Jennifer Lopez’s favorites. Also, the best nude nail polish ever comes from Opi: Samoan Sand. It’s a perfect neutral, nude color that looks natural on both fair and dark skin. Their pink and white shades are wonderful!
- Zoya – Zoya is right there with Opi. Their 2014 Winter Pixie Dust collection is absolutely magnificent and we can’t recommend it enough; try the Imogen shade if you want something completely unique. Zoya also make good clear and gold colors.
- Essie – Essie does great classic nail colors. If you want a great solid color that is both fashionable and sturdy, Essie is top choice. They have over 300 colors to choose from, so we recommend you have a thing or two in mind when our shopping for Essie nail polish.
- Tom Ford – Tom Ford nail polishes are some of the best there are, if not the best. You can almost forget that they cost a ton of money! The Tom Forde matte nail polishes will transform your nails and the best place to buy Tom Ford nail polishes is online.
- Chanel – Chanel makes expensive but great nail polishes. Their forte is metallic shades, so if you want something special for this New Year’s Eve, we suggest short nails and two coats of a dark, metallic Chanel polish.
Best Drugstore Nail Polish Brands
The Tom Ford nail polish is way too expensive for the average Joe, around $30! It’s a nice splurge that makes sense once a year or so, but if you want to have all the trendy summer colors, you will need to turn to drugstore brands. Nothing but good news! Because these days, the drugstore nail polishes are pretty great and even comparable to the big names’ ones. Our top picks for drugstore nail polishes come from Rimmel London (the 60 Seconds edition rocks) and Revlon. From the colors to the brush, these two brands are perfect!
Nail Polish Remover
One of the best nail polish remover is the one for Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. It’s nontoxic and it will remove every shred of nail polish from your nails. As you can see in the picture below, you simply insert your finger into the bottle, keep it there for only one second and when you take it out, there is no nail polish on your nail. It’s quite impressive and we suggest you give it a try!
The Perfect Manicure
If you want to try giving yourself a manicure, we suggest you first watch a couple of YouTube videos about how to approach it and then put together a basic home manicure kit. This should include the following tools and nail polishes: a cuticle cream, a cuticle removal tool (either an orange stick or small scissors, but if you’re just starting out we recommend you simply peel back your cuticles, instead of cutting them), a nail file, a base coat, a top coat and three or four nail polishes. You need one black, one red, a nude and a crazy color, such as a neon green. With these four, you can give yourself manicures for every occasion.
One of the best top coat nail polish is the Finishing Touch 3D Plumping Top Coat from Rimmel London. It is cheap as dust and incredibly good. The 3D system will make your nails look plump and thick and it will act as a no chip protective coat. It also does a good job of strengthening your nail, so that it doesn’t break as easy. If you can spare a few more bucks, then we recommend the Opi top coat, it’s also pretty amazing.
If you’re interested in more advanced nail polish techniques, such as water color nail art or gel nails, we suggest you don’t try them at home, unless you are prepared with nerves of steel and plenty of nail polish remover. There are certain things that should be left to the professionals!
What is your favorite nail polish brand?